Monday, September 13, 2010

Someone’s Finally Got To Pay



Someone’s got to pay for the mess that we been making
And now we’re out of gas after so many wrong turns taken

Dark outlines blow our sweaty shadows with the weeds on the ground
But there is no shade or shelter and our Mommy’s not around

The bills is overdue but the lights are out so I cain’t see to pay
The kids done all came back since they got no place else to stay

Tore the top off in a hurry and the pieces fell apart and disappeared
The fires keep on burning and the old dog is plainly acting weird

Someone’s got to pay this bill, or maybe it’s just a damn good fake
What’s all that broken stuff that’s out there bobbing in our wake?

Here’s another overdue notice, go and put it with the rest
We’ll pick up and move on again to where it’s better, maybe way out West

I’ll simply take another shit right here, wipe my ass and walk away
Honey, just ask them what’s the least they’ll settle for today

The trash is overflowing but the fridge is empty and the rain is full of dust
The infections on the kids faces built up a real red and scabby crust

Somebody’s got to pay for all this dancing and their big party
Everyone’s trying to leave now but their shiny cars are still not starting

We saw gaunt faces shimmering in the oily mud puddles we disturbed
There is no way to right all the cycles that we may have perturbed

I saw your gay garden party through my dirty little window
So I released those black balloons as the stinking wind began to blow

All of this correspondence is over bills that are so far past due
No need to check the address for they really are all made out to you

Someone’s finally got to look at all these messes we have made
Maybe the government will come up with some kind of disaster aid

Let’s try and get refinanced and roll it all up into one easy payment
I knew I could not afford the doctor bills even before I hit the pavement

My bills are your bills and your bills are my bills –
And they grow daily even larger still

No comments:

Post a Comment